Why a Chaplain?
Chaplains without Borders is an interfaith chaplaincy service that works across borders in two ways.
• Religious borders – our chaplains come from a range of different backgrounds. They’re not all priests, but all are interested in spirituality and the welfare of others.
• Borders of “Place” – Traditionally, chaplains have worked at hospitals or for military style organisations such as the army or police forces to provide counselling and spiritual guidance. But today there are a whole range of organisations that are looking for help, from major train stations, to banks and sports teams.
Each of our chaplains is trained in counselling and can give your people the keys to unlock their potential.
Numerous studies have shown the positive effects of having a chaplain on staff morale, increased staff retention rates, and enhanced feelings of job satisfaction in the workplace.
“I can’t believe how things have changed around here since you’ve been involved in our business.”
“Chaplains Without Borders have made a big impact. Morale is up. People are changing, and are more motivated. We’ve even had people turning up early just to talk to you!”
Valuing the People in Your Organisation
In building individual and organisational effectiveness, we need to be able to focus on the needs of the people around us and give them the tools to help themselves.
Progressive and productive organisations value the people they work with by providing support for the whole person – including their emotional and spiritual needs. This works for everyone’s benefit.
Chaplains Without Borders work with a range of organisations from corporations, such as banks or central offices, to semi-corporate organisations, like shopping centres or football clubs. We provide:
• Employee assistance and counselling services
• Training and wellbeing seminars
• Conflict management and mediation
• Leadership and Management Development
• Trauma and Serious Incident Management
Father James Grant
The founder of Chaplains Without Borders is Fr James Grant. Father James has over thirty years experience in the field of pastoral care, and is widely regarded as one of Australia’s most innovative priests.
With overseas experience in the UK and Europe, and having worked in schools, he runs numerous programs: including Chaplains Without Borders, and school building programs in India.